User roles help admins control the permissions in your account. Each user role has access to different features across the platform.
Global Admin - An admin that has access to all features within the platform; across their entire company account.
Location Admin - An admin who has access to features related to their specific location. They cannot access engagements or data outside of their location.
Internal Coach - A Coach who works directly for a corporate company.
Coachee / Company Member - An employee of a corporate Company.
Engagement Editor - An admin can set an employee as an engagement editor within the settings of an engagement. An editor has permission to edit the program Items within that specific engagement.
Engagement Viewer - An engagement viewer has permission to view and comment on engagements.
About Employees and User Roles
Admins can add employees to the accounts under the Company Settings tab:
- Corporate Company Admins will see an Employees tab to add users.
- Vendor Admins will see an Employees tab in the same place.
- Independent Coaches will go to their Account Settings and click on the Admins tab.
User roles can be assigned to your employees accounts from the company settings. This is where you can add and edit your users and the information in their profiles.
- From your Company Settings page click on the Employees tab.
- Click Add Employee and follow the steps.
Pro Tip: Enterprise Admins have an Employees page they can access from the left navigation menu.
Add Coaches and Vendors
Admins can add new coaches and vendors to their company account from either the coach directory or the vendors page.
- From your Coaches page click Add Coach and fill out their information.
- From your Vendors page click Add Vendor and fill out their information.
Assign User Roles
Click the more options menu (three vertical dots) on the far right of the table to add user roles like Global Admin, Location Admin, or Coach.
- From your Employees page click on the three dots next to the user's name.
- Select Update Your Account Roles.
- Select Global Admin.
From this same page you can also set an employee as a coach.
- From the Employees page select an Employee.
- Scroll down to Account Roles and check that the Employee provides coaching.
Helpful Tip: Admins don't need to assign additional user roles to internal coaches; Add them to the coaches page and that will set them as a coach and available for engagements.
Add Engagement Viewers and Engagement Editors
Give your employees permission to view or edit certain engagements from the engagement settings.
- From the Engagements page select your Engagement.
- Select Add Editor and choose an Employee to add.