Creating Contract Templates
Create a contract template under company settings or skip to step 2, below.
- Go to Company Settings and click Contract Templates.
- Click Add Contract Template and follow the steps to create a new Contract Template.
You can now define rates (per session, hour, fixed amount or retainer), set up a payment schedule, and indicate whether to send invoices automatically, and/or collect payments via Stripe.
For more information read our article about Stripe.
Assigning Contracts to Clients
You may assign a contract to a client, coach, or vendor so that you do not have to create individual invoices for each session's billable activity.
- Go to the Client, Coach or Vendor's summary page.
- In the Contracts panel click Add Contract.
Admins can choose from templates and then customize the template for the client, or create new contracts from scratch.
- If the Coach, Vendor, or Client is active they can accept or reject the contract in their account.
- If the Coach, Vendor, or is inactive, it's automatically considered approved.
- The Contract will then become available to assign to Engagements with that Coach, Vendor or Client (this can be assigned during the create Engagement process or under the Engagement Settings tab).
Assign to an Engagement
When the you create a contract you can assign the contract to an engagement. Based on the contract's settings when sessions are completed they generate items that can be billed in an invoice.
- Admins must first assign the contract to a Client or Vendor (step 2, above) before assigning it to an Engagement.
- If assigned to an inactive Client or Vendor, Admins can start assigning it to Engagements immediately and the invoice automation will begin.
- If assigned to an active Client or Vendor, they will need to approve (or reject) the contract from their account.
- After a contract is assigned to an Engagement, Billable Activity and Invoices will be generated (and possibly sent) automatically depending on the contract settings.